Git Tricks & Hacks To Be More Productive That Will Save Your Time
·Jan 25, 2021·
2 min read
Want to speed up your git skills?
Open Source is the future that needs git skills and every modern IT companies needs collaborative work and Continuous Integration (CI) you will need git
CLI skills there as well.
Today we will learn to be more productive in terms of git
10 Git Tricks to Save Your Time and Efforts 👇👇👇
- Checkout a single file from another branch
git checkout some-other-branch -- yarn.lock
- View the log without merge commits`
git log --oneline --no-merges`
- Rewrite your last commit message`
git commit -v --amend`
- Get rid of all untracked changes
git clean -f -d
- Print out a cool visualization of your log
git log --pretty=oneline --graph --decorate --all
- Ask git for a changelog
git shortlog <commit>..HEAD
- View the log for a specific date range
git log --since='FEB 10 2016' --until='FEB 19 2016'
- List all git aliases
git config -l | grep alias | sed 's/^alias\.//g'
- Search for commits that include a keyword
git log -S"config. menu_items"
- Super secret list of git tutorials
git help -g
What Do you think? Add yours in replies.
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Salman Qureshi by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!